- Trick$ of the Trade: Outsmarting Investment Fraud
- A short trailer, and free access, to a DVD copy of Trick$ of the Trade: Outsmarting Investment Fraud, which was originally featured on PBS. The documentary can be ordered, free of charge, online or by phone.
- Financial protection for older Americans
- From the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, this page provides various links that help older consumers make smart financial decisions.
- Protecting What’s Yours
- From the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, this article aims at helping older consumers protect their financial assets by listing various considerations they should think about when making financial decisions.
- Financial self-defense for seniors
- From Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc., this downloadable document alerts consumers to common fraudulent and or unethical practices carried out by financial advisors and what steps consumers can take to protect themselves.
- Annuities Guide
- A concise document that helps consumers understand what annuities are as well as the different types. Additionally, this document highlights potential consumer pitfalls associated with annuities.
- Penny Stocks
- This document helps consumers understand “penny stocks” and highlights some of the scams associated with the practice. Additionally, the document gives consumers various tips to consider before investing.
- Unbiased resources to help your financial health
- This page, by SaveAndInvest.org, is an unbiased financial education resource for all consumers as well as military families. The page offers various resources from a retirement calculator to articles concerning investment fraud.
- Retirement Planning and Strategy
- This page, by Practical Money Skills, gives links concerning “IRAs,” “Annuities,” “Social Security,” and “Medicare.”
- How much money will you need when you retire?
- This page, by Nolo, lists a lot of things individuals need to consider when determining how much money they need to save for retirement.
- Taking charge of your money
- From AARP, this article gives advice for spending, saving, and investing money in your 50s, 60s, and 70s.
- Retirement Calculator
- From the AARP, this is a creative and helpful calculator to determine how much an individual should save for retirement.
- A guide to help you prevent financial abuse
- This guide, by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, provides seniors with information about both managing finances and reducing the risk of financial exploitation.
Other Consumer resources:
Budgeting/ Tracking Expenses
Credit Report and Scores
If you’ve been scammed
Medicare and Medicaid
Retirement and Investing
Safe Banking and Protecting your Accounts